Cosy Cats Childcare Ltd is situated in the previously undeveloped vaults below Calry Church which is situated on The Mall, Sligo. These Vaults have undergone extensive remodeling and refurbishment and has been transformed into a bright and cosy purpose built childcare facility.
Our ethos is to ensure…
- The children in our care are encouraged to learn through their direct experience, in an environment that is safe, stimulating and provides a sensible balance between a flexible child centred routine and structured routine.
- Our staff are highly motivated childcare experts, who will work with you to help your child mature into a well balanced and confident little person.
- We are open and inclusive to the wider community
- To provide a service which is affordable, flexible and accessible for all
Provides children with the opportunity to learn in a holistic way focusing on the specified areas of learning and development. It provides planned activities for children to choose from and also allows for experiences that enable children to think and act on their own initiative, thus learning about themselves and the social world in which they live. Our curriculum was designed based on Ireland’s new national Curriculum Framework, Aistear and The national Quality Framework, Siolta. Aistear is the curriculum framework for children from birth to six years in Ireland. Aistear describes the types of learning (dispositions, values and attitudes, skills, knowledge, and understanding) that are important for children in their early years, and offers ideas and suggestions as to how this learning might be nurtured. The Framework also provides guidelines on supporting children’s learning through partnerships with parents, interactions, play, and assessment.
Siolta the National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education, was developed by the Centre for Early Childhood Development and Education on behalf of the Department of Education and Skills. Síolta is comprised of three distinct but interrelated elements: Principles, Standards and Components of Quality.
Cosy Cats Childcare Ltd provides 50 breakfast and 50 after school places for 50 weeks of the year. 25% of these places are heavily subsidised for children whose parents are in receipt of social benefit or possess a medical card. These facilities are open to all sections of the community in Sligo town.
We are grateful to Sligo County Childcare Committee for their ongoing support and guidance received from them over the years.
Policies and procedures have been prepared covering a wide range or relevant issues and are available on request.
COSY CATS CHILDCARE Ltd- Opening Hours
(a) Monday to Friday
|Breakfast Club||7.30 am to 9.00 am (Hearty Breakfast included)|
|Pre-School||9.00 am to 12.30 pm|
|Children will be brought to school from the Breakfast Club via walking bus accompanied by our qualified staff members.|
They will also be collected from school and brought to Cosy Cats via walking bus accompanied by qualified staff members.
Restrictions apply according to distance.
|After School Care (Primary School age)||1.40 p.m. / to 5.45 p.m. – 2 course nutritional lunch and homework club* included|
2.40 p.m. to 5.45 p.m.- 2 course nutritional lunch and homework club* included
*( homework supervision)
(b) Holiday Club for Primary School age & Preschool age
|Monday to Friday||8.45 am to 5.45 pm for Summer Holidays, 1 week of Easter Holidays and Midterm Breaks|
Holiday Programmes are available upon request simply contact Yvonne or Denise on
and we will pop one in the post for you.
- 20% discount for siblings- does not apply for reduced fee applicants
- Reduced fee applies. Please get in contact with, Yvonne Stuart (Manager) or Denise Scanlon (Childcare Coordinator)
(A selection of hot or cold breakfasts available)
|€25 per week|
€5 per day
|Pre-school:(9.00am – 12.30pm)|
(Nutritious snack provided)
|€67 per week|
€13.40 per day
**Cosy Cats Childcare Ltd are registered for the ECCE Government Pre School Scheme which will provide a FREE pre-school for children in theyear before they start primary school.**
(APPLY EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT)
|After school:(1.40pm/2.40pm – 5.45 pm)|
(Nutritious, Home cooked meal included)
|€80- per week|
€20 – per day
€5 – 1 hour (excluding dinner)
€8 – 1 hour (Including dinner)
(Nutritious, Home cooked meals and snacks included)
|€155 – per week€31 – per day|
€15.5 – per morning or afternoon session
Cosy Cats Childcare Ltd believes that the first five years of a child’s life are particularly important to their development. This is when children develop basic learning patterns and abilities that they will use for the rest of their lives.
The introduction of the two FREE Pre-school year is a major development in the area of early childhood education in Ireland.
The Early Childhood Care & Education Scheme (ECCE) provides two years FREE Pre-school education to every child in Ireland. Parents are able to avail of this ECCE scheme for their children on a 38 week per year basis.
Cosy Cats Childcare Ltd believe that each child deserves the best possible start and here in Cosy Cats caring and learning go hand-in-hand. We are devoted to providing every child in our care with the very best education and encourage learning in a fun, loving and safe environment.
How The Scheme Works
Under the 38 week scheme the government will contribute €64.50 for 3 hours per day for 5 days per week to children who are registered and qualify.
To avoid disappointment and to avail of the scheme please register your interest by contacting our office for further information on 071 91 46506
Cosy Cats Childcare Ltd will meet parents’ needs by:
- providing varied and nutritionally balanced meals, freshly prepared by our own cook each day in our own Health Board approved in-house kitchens. (special dietary requirements are catered for simply notify management)
- employing caring, dedicated and highly qualified staff who’s aim is to provide a safe, secure and healthy environment .
- provide activities which are child centred, stimulating and provide for the holistic needs of all the children in our care.
- facilitating homework under supervision.
- providing transport within the catchment area from Cosy Cats to school and / or from school to Cosy Cats.
- opening early – closing late
- we can cater for children with special needs- enquiries to the manager welcome.
Cosy Cats will…
- be open for 50 weeks throughout the year
- create a child centered, well-planned, stimulating, supportive environment where all children’s individual needs are met daily.
- operate a weekly curriculum based on Aistear & Siolta which includes creative, social and physical activities
- access to a dedicated play ground with equipment and a substantially large garden.
- extra-curricular classes organised depending on demand
Contact us directly for further details on 071 91 46506
Your Plan – Your Future
Funded by the Irish government and part-funded by the European Union Structural funds under the National Development Plan 2000-2006