Church of Ireland
Calry Parish Church
Diocese of Kilmore, Elphin and Ardagh
9th May 2021 – Easter VI
Rector: Canon Patrick Bamber Tel: 071 91 46513
email: email@example.com web: www.calry.ie fb:/calryparishchurch/ Day off - Monday
Linked with the Diocese of Kindu, Province of the Anglican Church of Congo
Christ is risen! The Lord is risen indeed. Alleluia!
Today is the last Zoom meeting after church. Use the same link as before. Get in touch if you need the details.
Thank the Lord, Calry is re-opening for public worship! If you wish to you may come in person to Calry on Tuesday and Thursday at 9.30 am. The first Sunday opening is a week today on 16th May. Please note the following points:
- We are allowed 50 people in the building. So if you want to be sure to get in please arrive in good time.
- Masks must be worn at all times (other than by those reading or speaking at the front).
- Use hand sanitizer and sit socially distanced from others unless they are members of your household.
- Names will have to be taken in the usual way for contact tracing purposes and for no other reason.
- Please follow the one-way system and don't cluster together on the way in or out. The Church Wardens and Welcome Team will be in charge of guiding you. Please follow their directions.
- Unless absolutely necessarythe toilet won't be in use.
The service will be livestreamed, but if you are able to come you should!
Sunday Youth Night
Youth Night on Zoom tonight at 7.30 pm with special guest Damian Shorten. Damian is the youth and children’s coordinator for Elphin and Ardagh and Lay Pastor of the Riverstown Group of parishes. Contact Carla if you need the link: firstname.lastname@example.org
Calry Prayer Meeting
Parish prayers on Wednesday 12.00 – 12.30 pm.
Calry Online Sunday School
This is on Wednesday at 6.00 pm.
Wednesday Evening Group
We’re on at 8.00 pm for an hour of chat, Bible study, discussion and prayer. We are continuing our series on the resurrection. Bring your questions. Get in touch for the Zoom link.
Ascension Thursday 13th May
9.30 am service – you are welcome to attend in person.
Saturdays Inter-Church Prayer
An hour of prayer, reflection and fellowship 8.00 – 9.00 am. All welcome. Contact Patrick for the link.
CMSI DR Congo Update
A detailed update on Kindu and other dioceses in DR Congo is available on the church FB page or on request.
India - Bishops’ Appeal
In view of the horrendous situation we are all following in the news Bishops’ Appeal (the Church of Ireland world aid and development programme) has given an initial €10,000 to partners in India for help in the current crisis. But the needs are great. If you would like to donate you can do so electronically or by cheque. Gifts can be passed on via Margaret Henry or the Rector. Or go to: http://www.bishopsappeal.ireland.anglican.org/give/ Specify your gift for ‘India Covid Relief Response Fund’.
Crosslinks is hosting a Link Meeting on Monday 24th May 2021, 7:30pm, via Zoom. David Kleinhans, a theological student from South Africa, will be joining us. He is currently receiving a bursary from Crosslinks through the BEST scheme. (BEST stands for Bursaries Enabling Strategic Training.) Crosslinks set up BEST to offer bursaries for theological education to clergy and ministry workers around the world. This meeting will highlight the importance of theological training.
These can be found on the KEA YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBF_IIYKv4U
The last one will be on 30th May.
You can hear the weekly diocesan service on your phone by dialling 048 912 43 912 anytime.
The May edition is out now. Information for the June issue of the Scribe needs to be with Patrick by 12th May.
Please pray for Jan and Anastaysia after the death of Jan’s father Vladimir. (He and Jan’s mother Alena last visited Calry in 2019.)
…to Mark and Rebecca Dunne (nee Marsden) on their wedding yesterday. May they know God’s richest blessings in their lives together.
- the sick in body, mind or spirit
- all who are bereaved
- exams – for college and LC students
- Carbury NS
- the city of Kindu and the security of neighbouring provinces of North Kivu and Ituri in DR Congo
- India and other countries with very high infection rates of Covid-19
- Yemen – millions threatened with starvation
- justice in Myanmar
My command is this: love each other as I have loved you.