Church of Ireland
Calry Parish Church
Diocese of Kilmore, Elphin and Ardagh
16th May 2021 – Easter VII
Rector: Canon Patrick Bamber Tel: 071 91 46513
email: firstname.lastname@example.org web: www.calry.ie fb:/calryparishchurch/ Day off - Monday
Linked with the Diocese of Kindu, Province of the Anglican Church of Congo
Welcome back to church TODAY!
It’s been a very long time. Hopefully, it will never happen again. We’re not back to normal yet, but thank the Lord we can meet in person together for worship once more! Let’s value the privilege of corporate worship more than we did before.
Here are some practical points:
- We are allowed 50 people in the building. So if you want to be sure to get in please arrive in good time.
- Masks must be worn at all times (other than by those reading or speaking at the front).
- Use hand sanitizer and sit socially distanced from others unless they are members of your household.
- Names will have to be taken in the usual way for contact tracing purposes and for no other reason.
- Unfortunately, there is no live congregational singing.
- Please follow the one-way system and don't cluster together on the way in or out. The Church Wardens and Welcome Team will be in charge of guiding you. Please follow their directions.
- Unless absolutely necessarythe toilet won't be in use.
The service will be livestreamed, but if you are able to come you should!
St John’s Hospital
Services are resuming in St John’s Hospital also. For a trial period this will be on Sundays at 2.30 pm and Thursdays at 3.30 pm. Sadly, this will only be for hospital residents.
Sunday Youth Night
Youth Night on Zoom tonight at 7.30 pm. Contact Carla if you need the link: email@example.com
We will continue with the regular Tuesday and Thursday daily office at 9.30 am. Feel free to join us in person or watch online as usual.
Calry Prayer Meeting
Parish prayers on Zoom - Wednesdays 12.00 – 12.30 pm.
Calry Online Sunday School
This is on Wednesday at 6.00 pm but only for two more weeks.
Wednesday Evening Group
We’re on at 8.00 pm for an hour of chat, Bible study, discussion and prayer. We are continuing our series on the resurrection. Bring your questions. Get in touch for the Zoom link.
On Thursday 20th at 8.00 pm the MU St John’s/Calry Branch end of year service will take place in person in Calry. Do please join us!
Sligo Grammar CU
The CU has one final meeting this year on Friday in the Library right after school.
The IT CU has a few more weeks to go before we break for the summer. We meet on Fridays at 5 pm. The group is on Zoom so it doesn’t really matter whether students are home or still in Sligo. Contact Ray Cotter (lead chaplain) if you want the link: Cotter.Ray@itsligo.ie
Saturdays Inter-Church Prayer
An hour of prayer, reflection and fellowship 8.00 – 9.00 am. All welcome. Contact Patrick for the link.
India - Bishops’ Appeal
In view of the horrendous situation we are all following in the news Bishops’ Appeal (the Church of Ireland world aid and development programme) has given an initial €10,000 to partners in India for help in the current crisis. But the needs are great. If you would like to donate you can do so electronically or by cheque. Gifts can be passed on via Margaret Henry or the Rector. Or go to: http://www.bishopsappeal.ireland.anglican.org/give/ Specify your gift for ‘India Covid Relief Response Fund’.
These can be found on the KEA YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBF_IIYKv4U
The last one will be on 30th May.
You can hear the weekly diocesan service on your phone by dialling 048 912 43 912 anytime.
This year’s New Wine conference will be live online from 8th – 11th July. More details to follow.
Brendan O’Connor and Prof Richard Dawkins
Last Sunday on RTE Radio 1 show Brendan O’Connor interviewed the famous Oxford biologist and committed atheist Prof Richard Dawkins. There was a very revealing interchange between them on the subject of Down Syndrome. If you have a few minutes listen to the version of the interview included in Saturday’s Playback by going to this link and selecting from 31.03 minutes into the programme.
- exams – for college and LC students
- the sick and bereaved
- Carbury NS
- HSE ransomware attack
- end to violence between Israelis and Palestinians
- the city of Kindu and the security of neighbouring provinces of North Kivu and Ituri in DR Congo
- India and other countries with very high infection rates of Covid-19
- Yemen – millions threatened with starvation
- justice in Myanmar
My prayer is not that you take them out of the world
but that you protect them from the evil one.